"I have gathered a posie of other men’s flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own." --John Bartlett

Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Technology is wonderful...when it works." --Mom

This is a very, very true statement. I was reminded of this when I had to take my computer into tech support AGAIN last night to have it wiped and re-imaged. That is the third time this school year that my computer has ceased working correctly and I've had to do this. Sometimes I wonder if all this technology is really worth the trouble. And then it scares me a little when I'm without my computer for a night and feel naked and exposed--my dependence on technology is a bit unnerving. Our dependence as a culture is heightening more and more...hopefully it won't increase too much more, otherwise we'll become like the people in the Disney-Pixar movie Wall-E. We'll see. =]