"I have gathered a posie of other men’s flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own." --John Bartlett

Monday, April 8, 2013

"The only problem with being a teacher is I get songs like 'Oh, Mister Sun' and 'Merrily We Roll Along' stuck in my head. For days on end." --Me

I am a music teacher--I teach private piano lessons, group piano, and Kindermusik, a music and movement class for young kids. I love teaching--it's my passion, the joy of my life, the reason I get up in the morning, basically. And recently I've been blessed with many students and classes, more than ever before in my life. Unfortunately, this means that the songs I get jammed in my head are of the...well, let's say 'less sophisticated' sort. I find myself humming the little ditties my students are learning, all day, every day. Which I wouldn't mind, if I could even temporarily get them OUT of my head. But, all in all, a small price to pay for doing what I love most. :)