"I have gathered a posie of other men’s flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own." --John Bartlett

Friday, March 11, 2011

"I was kinda bad-mouthing him in the car to my parents. 'Oh--just go bake some bread. Make some muffins.'" --Aubry

As people go farther educationally into their specialty, the mindset of their field starts taking over until absolutely everything can be said in a way that is specific to their field. This is true pretty much across the board--it's just the nature of life. One of my best friends is in a culinary program (she's a district award winning chef, by the way), and this fact of life became very clear to me last night when she said the words 'bad-mouthing' and it was followed by a fierce command to go bake bread. The she said it so vehemently you would have thought it should have belonged in an R-rated movie...but she was just talking about baked goods. Go figure. I love my best friends.