"I have gathered a posie of other men’s flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own." --John Bartlett

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." --Hans Christian Anderson

In just one moment, the fragility of life is made real to us. What is it about humans that we are so easily convinced that we are invincible? But we believe it, every day and every way, until something comes along and rocks our world. It can be just one phone call, one trip to the emergency room, and we realize everything we've taken for granted and not given thanks for. We 'just live', and forget all of the sunshine and flowers and freedom that we have. Today I was reminded of that, and it is propelling me towards the Father to thank Him for all the sunshine, freedom and flowers I have in my life.