"I have gathered a posie of other men’s flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own." --John Bartlett

Monday, December 27, 2010

"Deciding whether or not to trust a person is like deciding whether or not to climb a tree, because you might get a wonderful view from the highest branch, or you might simply get covered in sap, and for this reason many people choose to spend their time alone and indoors, where it is harder to get a splinter." --Lemony Snicket

Right now I'm definitely weighing these odds, and feeling like I'm getting covered in sap. Unfortunately, I'm already halfway up the 'trusting tree': far enough up the tree that it would be much harder and more painful to inch my way back down, but not high enough to see the view. And very, very sap-sticky. 
(Sometimes I get my best quotes from other people. This one is care of Leah Stegman via facebook sometime last week.) =]