"I have gathered a posie of other men’s flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own." --John Bartlett

Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Three wise women would have: 
Asked directions,
Arrived on time, 
Helped deliver the baby,
Cleaned the stable, 
Made a casserole,
Brought practical gifts,
And there would be peace on Earth."

Today is Epiphany by the Christian liturgical calendar--the day that the wise men supposedly arrived to see the Christ Child. As I was sharing with my mom the funny quote I was planning on using today, she looked at me kind of funny and asked me if I really thought it was a good idea to mock the Magi on Epiphany. I calmly looked at her and told her that I wasn't mocking the Magi--I was mocking all men. She didn't think that was much better, and blissfully ignored the fact that I was kidding. Mostly. =]