"I have gathered a posie of other men’s flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own." --John Bartlett

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"You're too old to ground. Next time we want to punish you, we'll just take away the keys to your car. Or, if we really want to crack down, we'll take away your coffee in the morning--though that's really more of a punishment for us than for you." --Dad

What a comfort to know that 1. my parents still consider punishing me from time to time, and 2. they are so caring and nurturing as to rule out a form of punishment because it would be too unpleasant for them. Ah well--it's conversations like these that make the annals of our household swell and are good to pull out during family get-togethers as entertainment. What I'm worried about is that they'll whip out these stories on my wedding day and scare off my husband and/or his family. =]